There are times when it is impractical, for various reasons, to cut a 3-to-4-inch hole through an isolation barrier or to mount a communicator in a window or secure gate. But your employees and your customers still have a way to communicate clearly and calmly. In such cases, the Norcon TTU-3 is the communication system of choice. The prism shaped units of the TTU-3 are ideal for mounting on a counter top on both sides of a barrier. Yet they allow hands free communications through barriers typically found in banks, cashier's booths, information booths and similar environments.
The TTU-3 incorporates the same high-quality electronics as the basic Patent Pending (#4049911) Norcon TTU-1 Talk Thru system. It is a vox system, enabling the attendant and the customer to have hands free two-way communication.
The TTU-3 provides clear communication even in environments with high ambient noise by shaping the sound for maximum intelligibility. Its compression circuitry decreases loud, annoying sounds.
The TTU-3 Talk Thru Communicator now incorporates circuitry to automatically attenuate the outside channel. If the gooseneck microphone is not used for a period of 30 seconds, the outside channel volume will be reduced approximately 70%. Normal operation is restored as soon as the attendant speaks into the gooseneck microphone. The automatic volume attenuation circuit prevents outside noise from bothering the attendant.
The TTU-3 is equipped with a jack to add a headset or wireless headset. Simply plug the headset in and communicate. The headset contains lightweight construction, a boom mic and a single speaker that covers one ear.
HOW TO INSTALL…
The TTU-3 comes ready to operate. The prism units are quickly and easily mounted on the counter-top on opposite sides of the barrier. The unit can be positioned back-to-back (as shown), however, it is not required to mount the units against the barrier. The unit can be mounted at a convenient location for the user. A power adapter and all cables are supplied. The TTU-3 is supplied with a continuous-duty, 117-Volt power supply that is stepped down to 15
- Clear 2-way hands-free voice communication.
- Quality electronic design and engineering.
- Avoids shouting, repetition, misunderstanding.
- Rugged, tamper-resistant materials.
- Simple, one-person installation. No need to cut a hole in the barrier.
- Compact, contemporary design. Fits any décor.
- Export models available.
- Units available for ADA applications.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Built in jack for headset.
- Audio frequency response:
- Selectively shaped for maximum voice intelligibility.
- Audio power:
- Watts per amplifier (2 amplifiers)
- Less than 2%
- Listen mode:
- 20 dB compression
- Talk mode: Vox
- Microphones: Electret
- Power supply:
- Input: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Output: 15 VDC, 175 mA
- Other input power is available upon request.
- Outside assembly: 6 in. W x 2 3/8 in. H x 2 3/8 in. D. Machined aluminum, clear anodized finish, tamper resistant. Weight: 2 LBS.
- Inside assembly: 6 in W x 2 3/8 in. H x 2 3/8 in. D. Machined aluminum, clear anodized finish, tamper resistant. Weight: 2 LBS.
- Mounting: Countertop
- Inside assembly Panel Controls: Listen volume, Talk volume, power on/off, LED power indictor.
specifications are subject to change without notice.
Talk Thru Systems are shipped complete with cables, instructions, and power supply.
Other models available
TTU-1A Continuous power unit complete. Housing depth is 2 ½ in.
TTU-1AB same as TTU-1A, but with bullet-resistant option (UL Level 1 or 3).
TTU-1AJ same as TTU-1A, but with a removable gooseneck microphone.
TTU-1AB same as TTU-1AJ, but with bullet-resistant option *UL Level 1 or 3).
TTU-1D Battery operated unit complete with rechargeable batteries and charger. Housing depth is 3 ½ inc.
TTU-1DB same as TTU-1D, but with bullet-resistant option (UL Level 1 or 3).
TTU-1DJ same as TTU-1D, but with a removable gooseneck microphone.
TTU-1DJB same as TTU-1DJ, but with bullet-resistant option (UL Level 1 or 3).
TTU-HS Headset for TTU products.
TTU-3 Standard model same as the TTU-3 6 inch but 12 ½" long.
Talk Thru systems are shipped complete with cables, instruction, and power supply. Mounting hardware is not included.